Sunday, February 27, 2011

This is the song that never ends...

Remember that one? I won't get the lyrics stuck in your head for you. I'm betting the title did that on it's own.

Anyway, the new never-ending song at our house is from daycare. It's actually a diversion tactic at school that also drives people (me) crazy with it's inexplicably simple lyrics.

Emily Grace, Emily Grace, jump up and down
jump up and down
jump up and down

Emily Grace, Emily Grace, jump up and down
and sit...back...down

We have been singing that song ALL weekend. From Friday when we got home to 10 minutes ago when EG went to bed. And we've all had to jump. I hope I burned extra calories from all of the jumping.

She makes us each take a turn:
Emily Grace
Mommy
Daddy
Luke (who LOVES this song, by the way. I don't think it will be leaving our home in the near future...)
Kiwi
Zoe
Bailey (EG still includes her name in EVERYTHING we do as a family)

And then my favorite:

EVERYBODY, EVERYBODY, JUMP UP AND DOWN...

I think this song will be in my head for days.

No comments: