Friday, February 11, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


Oh my dream has come true! I've always wanted to be a stylish blogger. And while I know that I'm more "mom & pop" style than "sweet & sassy," I'm tickled to pieces that my dear sweet Ashlee sent me an award! I need my hairbrush- I feel like singing!
So this is how it works:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 8 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know about the award.
7 things about me:
1- I use too many words. I type 10 when 2 would do. I bet you knew that though...
2- I've had an on-going internal struggle with working vs. staying at home. Long story short, I'm at peace with working. I never thought I would be, but I am. I feel, deep down, that this is right. For now. Plus, the discount at Polo is awesome and it always cheers me up to buy something AMAZING with my sweet little discount.
3- I have been brain-washed with orange. Whenever I look at something online, the first thing that pops in my head is "does it come in orange?" I have enough orange to wear to Clemson games to last until I'm 50. But the search continues. You can never have enough orange.
4-I really like Michelle Obama. And not just because she wears J.Crew or rocks a $35 H&M dress on Regis & Kelly. She makes being an American look amazing.
5-I like to find look-alike clothes that are a fraction of the cost. Target is a great place for knock-offs! (I'm talking to you crew cuts!)
6- I have sprouted 3 gray hairs at 30. All I can do is stare at them in the morning. I refuse to be that old.
7- I WILL WEAR A 2-PIECE AT THE BEACH THIS SUMMER!!! (and I won't be the lady with the pooch. I mean I'll be in shape- in case you didn't get that. 5 K- HERE I COME!)
8 Deserving Bloggers:
Anne at Anne Says So
Kristen at The McKay Family
Thanks Friends!

3 comments:

Anne said...

If you only have 3 gray hairs, please count your lucky stars! I have far, far more than that, which is made worse by the fact that having a baby made me lose a bunch of (non-gray) hair anyway. Boo for getting older!

Mandy said...

:) Thanks! I did this too today! Great minds think alike! Love keeping up with your adorable family!!!

Casey said...

I love it! Thank you so much for the Award, I'm so honored! Now- let's discuss #4- AHUM, I mean, REALLY?!?! Are you going to make me go there Meredith?!?! Haha! J/K- kind of. ;o) And as for the gray hairs, welcome to the club sister-friend. I think baby #2 AND turning 30 does it to you. It's so sad isn't it?? Much love to you and your sweet babies!!