Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chew Toys for Two

Luke AND Zoe are teething at the same time. I cannot explain how much fun we're having...

This morning Zoe lost another one of her baby fangs (as I've come to call them- tooth is an understatement with this animal) and simultaneously Luke was SCREAMING for either a bottle or baby oragel- whichever we could reach first.

Luke is on his third tooth- another bottom guy! The top still looks swollen but I can see the white tip of a bottom tooth that has broken through. That makes 3!


He is actively chewing on anything he can get his hands on which includes but is not limited to:
Paci
Fingers (not just his)
Burp Cloths
My shoulder
My hair
Emily Grace
Emily Grace's hair bows
Chris' phone
Chris' sunglasses
Car seat toys
Car seat
blankets
sheets
spoons
I try not to let a lot of foreign objects into his reach but as you can see, I often miss something.

His favorite made-for-teething toys:
Get this Silver teething ring at Bed, Bath & Beyond and use your 20% coupon. The silver stays naturally cool so you never have to put it in the freezer. It's easy to hold and doubles as a rattle! This silver teething ring is by far is his favorite!

RazBaby silicone teether- Babies R Us.
It is considerably less expensive but also less effective. It's a little large for his mouth and a bit heavy for him to hold at this age, but it's great for him to chew on!



And Zoe's chew toylist includes:
Our new area rug
My favorite blue chair
Coffee table legs
The metal side table legs
The metal bars on her kennel
Kiwi's collar
Kiwi's tail
Emily Grace's hands
Emily Grace's hair
Luke's hands (it's funny, she's not biting them- she likes to get their hands in her mouth and she delicately gnaws on them. Of course I don't LET this happen, when I see it I yell at her to stop. )
Luke's feet
Luke's shoes
Luke's socks (I've now thrown away over 20 socks!)
Luke's car seat (common chew toy)
Luke's car seat toys
Any dirty laundry- jeans, socks, bibs. You name it, she'll chew on it.

Yet the chew/teething toys we've purchased for BOTH of them sit mildly used. I'd never trade these memories in for anything!

1 comment:

Fisher Family said...

Just getting caught up with you, Mere, through your blog. Glad you got a new pup, and the kiddos are precious! And running? I'm so impressed! YOu go girl!