Sunday, February 13, 2011

Queen of Hearts

Happy Valentine's Day!
(I know it's tomorrow but we celebrated today as a family)

I went a little crazy with hearts this year. First, I decided to cut out Emily Grace's personalized Valentine's from scrap book paper and doilies to hand out at school. That didn't come out as cute as I hoped. They have a strict "no candy" policy at school, so we're limited to cards only. I hope Dana posts her sweet treats for Caroline because I'm VERY envious of where her creative talent took her on this confectioner's holiday...

So after one failed attempt, I took EG to Michaels and we got this awesome foam heart kit to make Valentines for her friends. But, she lost control with the glitter glue and foam stickers and that didn't turn out as cute as I hoped either.


Then, I went online, found cute photo mini Valentine's for her to hand out and voila. Done. I did some for Luke too. I thought that even though they aren't home-made, they're still awesome!

But then I was stuck with all of these hearts... so..... I DECORATED!
EG's room took the biggest hit but only because it matched her colors so well.

And after all of that, I felt inclined to have a heart-inspired "brinner" for the fam. YUMMO!



And lastly, (this one touches my heart) Luke's first Valentine for his mommy. :) I love this day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not as cute as you hoped? The first two options seemed super cute to me!! Although, I admit those photo ones were adorable... where were they from?