Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fashion Sense

Yesterday morning Emily Grace went running into her room yelling for me to follow her- "Mommy mommy mommy mommy" and tried to tear off her pink lady bug jammies and said "mommy dress!"

So, I picked out two outfits, one polka dot dress and a green monogrammed dress- both go with the same pair of pink leggings. She yelled and ran away afterI got the leggings on her and ran to where we had her laundry folded (and not yet put away) on her bed. She pulled out this apple tee shirt that she has worn every week for the last six months. It is adorable but it's a tee shirt, not a dress. It doesn't really go with leggings, it goes with pink capris. It's extremely worn, yet she carries it around the house like it's a snuggie. It's faded, wrinkled and not the best option these days as it was a gift that she got LAST CHRISTMAS. Sweetie- it's time to retire the apple tee...

I ignored her request to wear the "apple sauce" as she calls it and continued on with the monogrammed dress. No go- so I said "oh, you must want the Polka Dots." I tried putting the polka dots over her head- wrong move. She kicked, screamed, and in one quick move, got out of the dress, away from my reach and was pulling the apple sauce shirt over her head. I tried to take it off because it didn't match and she would not have any of my attempts to make her match. She ran out of her room, down the hallway and into the living room yelling "apple sauce! APPLE SAUCE!"

Fine, mommy is late, wear the leggings and the blasted tee shirt.
I came home last night and there she was wearing that faded tee shirt. We went inside and I picked her up and she laid her head on my shoulder and said "mommy- apple sauce."

I can't put into words how much I love her.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I love that she calls her shirt "apple sauce"...too cute! It's amazing how our girls are 2 and are already telling us what they want to wear! We're in trouble!!!!!