Monday, March 5, 2012

The Important Things

Ok- It has been almost a year since I blogged. LOTS has happened. But, the biggest is that I'm giving up some of my major committments, (I won't name them and make them feel bad) so that I can spend more time on the important things.



The biggest thing that needs my attention is my family. And documenting important family

moments. I've been a bad mom. Well, I've given up documenting in lieu of actually doing things with the kids. So not really a bad mom, just a bad record-keeper.


So, I'm going to promise myself to post once a week, whether it's something tiny, something funny, or something huge. I rely on this as my documentation. (Mommy brain=bad memory)



Don't worry- I'm still working full time for Ralph and monogramming at night. Those weren't the things I'm giving up!



Today's post: Big hiney.



Yep, Emily Grace (in her desire to be big (big girl)) thought she was giving me a compliment by telling me that I had a big hiney.


Her exact words were (as I was bent over tying Luke's shoes while he was rocking in the glider and trying to hit me with a plastic golf club)


"Wow mommy, your hiney is really really big and bigger!" (Bigger? Rub it in, kid.)


And I said "that's not a nice thing to say to an adult"


and she said "That's ok, I like you. I'll be big when I'm 5."



I'm having flash backs to the Kellogg's post-Christmas commercial where the little girl comes down stairs and says "SANTA!" to her mom's rear end while she's bent over digging through the fridge... I'm even wearing the red shirt today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back and... HILARIOUS! :)

I'm sure your hiney isn't that big, lol.

Jessie said...

Yay! I've missed your posts. Glad you're back!