Tuesday, March 13, 2012

He speaks!

Luke has been working on his verbal skills for quite a while. For the last few months we've had:
Ca (say it like you live in New Jersey)- Car
Tuk- TRUCK
DooDoo- Choo choo
Tray- Train
Dawwwwg- Dog
Momeeee- Mommy
Dadeeeee- Daddy
Poppy- Both Papa and Grandpa
Meeeee- Both Mimi and Grandma

I'm know there are others but these are the most common.
This morning, as I was putting him in his car seat and battling the giggling and flailing arms (he thinks it's funny to struggle with me when we're buckling up), he looked square at me and said "where's daddy?" My reply: "oh hunny- he went to work." (the time change has us in a bit of a scramble this week with our morning routine)
Luke: "oh. bye."

I stood for a minute, letting it seep into my caffeine-defficient brain cells that I just had a conversation with him. Granted, it wasn't a Shakesperian Sonnet, but still- we just communicated in a much deeper level than we had before today! I knew it was going to be a good week. I just knew it.