Monday, March 7, 2011

New Love- Chevron DIY

Most of you know my love for crafty things. I don't blog about crafty stuff NEARLY enough to equal my passion for a good project.

My newest love is for all things chevron!


Check out these plates! And the best part is, this whole project was done for under $5. I see these in my future... especially at a certain little man's first birthday party!!!
***Notice, those spacers in the middle are dollar store candle sticks!***

Instructions at Tatertots And Jello
And I wonder if you could use Stevie's Carbon paper idea from the personalized boxes to make this a little simpler. I love a short cut!

If I only had a spare wall- and maybe not a plaster deer head:

Contact Paper Chevron Wall Art

Can't find chevron fabric? Try this! Nobody will ever know...

How to make Striped Fabric into a chevron patterned pillow

And... best for last! I might try this painting technique on some of those berber floor rugs! I'll start small to see how it works. If my plans go well, I'm picturing a giant white/gray and light blue chevron rug in the dining room... stay tuned.

How to make your own chevron-inspired rug

No comments: