Monday, September 27, 2010

Organized Chaos (aka 3-year old Soccer)

Emily Grace started soccer a few weeks ago and I'm just posting the pictures now. It was comical to say the least! She has a lot to learn but it was fun. She jumped away from the ball, stomped off of the field several times with her pink cleats and hair bow, cried when the bigger kids took the ball during the "game" (more like organized chaos) and then helped me hand out snacks to the rest of the kids when it was all over... always the little hostess!

Pink hair bow- CHECK
Pink Soccer Ball- CHECK
Pink Striped Adidas Cleats- CHECK!
You could spend a small fortune outfitting a toddler for sports! And sadly- none of this will fit next year- minus the hair bow... but she was so excited to dress up and play with her little buddy, Hayden, from pre-school!


They were supposed to be bunny hopping over the cones but most of the kids just ran in circles.


One of the mid-field temper-tantrums. Chris is trying to resolve the situation without drawing too much attention... poor Chris- he always gets that job while I hold the camera... :)




Whoops- another tantrum... I guess I thought they were prime photo memories and that's all I took pictures of- but she really did have fun!

The funniest part was the coaches. They must be high school kids because our naive poor little coach lined up the kids and then said this word for word:

"I'm going to kick you the ball and then I want you to stop it and dribble it back to me..."

Um "dribble?" Buddy- they're 3- let's start with NO HANDS! Of course he got blank stares and lost half of the kids attention... but really- they didn't even have a goal that they were playing towards- it was just a free for all- run and kick! They'll get the details later. If you've ever been to one of these toddler games, "organized chaos" is an understatement!

1 comment:

The Presnell's said...

I wished we signed up for this. I will def look into this for next year. So cute!! I always wore ribbons in my hair when I played soccer too. All the way up to adult league soccer (5 years back). I need to play again.