Sunday, September 19, 2010

Enlarged Aorta (sort of)

You know how the Grinch's heart grew three times on Christmas Day and broke the little x-ray do-ma-jig that measured his heart size? Well, that's me. Not that my heart physically grew or is anatomically too big for my body... I don't have any medical issues with an enlarged aorta (thank heavens!). And, not that I'm a Grinch at all- but when I look at my kids, I feel my heart expanding so that it breaks that little x-ray thingy. I feel like it grows and grows with love at every smile Emily Grace flashes in my direction or every giggle that I can coax out of my little Luke. My eyes tear up and my heart just throbs with love for these kids.

A small piece of me worried that when Luke got here, my time, my attention and my love would have to be cut in half. But while time and attention do have to be shared, my love has doubled, or tripled or exponentially expanded! I wish I could hold both of them every hour of every day. I love them so much. I wanted to write this so that I could look back and remember the place that I am in now. I never want to forget this feeling! God is good and we are truly blessed!

2 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

I know exactly what you mean! With one, you think it's impossible to love another one - but it happens...your love just grows!! You are blessed!

cobrien said...

Just getting caught up on your blog and I love, love, love this one. Scotty and I both enjoyed having you guys stay with us this past weekend. I couldn't believe how well Emmy warmed up to us! We both miss her soooo much! Her little "I love you's" were enought to melt our hearts. I can't stop talking about how much fun we had and we both CAN'T wait to see "y'all" again! Love you!