Thursday, January 22, 2009

Saying prayers

I don't know how many of us stop to think about how many blessings we really have in our lives but our little family is blessed beyond anything we could have ever dreamed. There are days when work gets monotomous or when I just want to pretend like I didn't hear the alarm clock but something stopped me today and said WAKE UP! I can't believe how lucky Chris and I are to both still have our jobs, to have such wonderful loving friends and families, and to have the beautiful little girl who sleeps so peacefully in her crib (at least until that next tooth comes in)! I complain about the things that "aren't" but I forget to stop and appreciate the things that "are."

We have foreclosures and job lay-offs all around us. There is the sadness of uncurable illnessess and the fear of peanut butter and the focus on how the president may or may not be officially inaugurated. WHATEVER! We spend so much time each day fretting over the bad that it's easy to lose sight of the good. As I watched Emily Grace fold her hands to say grace with us tonight, it hit me- my life couldn't get any better. That little piece of innocence is all that matters. She's so adorable and folds her hands like someone is sitting on her shoulder, whispering in her ear, telling her exactly when she's to say a little Thank you to God. And then she shouts "AMEN!" That's all I need to be assured that this world is full of good, no matter how much we focus on on the negative.

So- focus on the good stuff and count your blessings each day! AMEN!

1 comment:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

Sweet, sweet post! Made my day! I miss you and we need to get the girls together!!! I will call you!