Monday, August 30, 2010

Sweet surprise

I inserted my photo card today and found these of Bailey and Kiwi with the kids. We miss her dearly. I hate being an adult some days. I hate what we had to do- but I'm so glad that it's done. Her pain and suffering are over. And I hate that our pain lives on. I hate to think that there are less responsible people walking this earth who would let a sweet animal suffer.

Anyway, these pictures were taken exactly one week before- before it happened. In the midst of everything, I forgot that I took them. She went downhill fast. Miss you old girl!


We had a picnic/ tea party outside- Bailey and Kiwi got chicken nuggets and hot dogs and a few cupcakes for dessert.




This was actually taken a few days earlier than the picnic photos



She sure was beautiful- Gosh I miss her. It brings tears to my eyes to see here here...



This was taken right after we found out she had cancer. We found out when Luke was exactly a week old, August 5. I'll never forget it. It was my original due date, Luke's one week birthday and Mom's birthday too.

The cancer took her fast. But, I'm glad she didn't suffer for very long. I know Emily Grace didn't understand what was happening but she knew that Bailey didn't feel good and needed her love. Funny how Bailey always watched over her, and here, at the innocent age of three, Emily Grace returned the favor as best she could.

What a sweet surprise to have those pop up on my computer today. The tears never stop flowing for our sweet girl but she knows they're tears of love.

I had a dream about her last week. I rarely dream any more but it was a good one. She was her old self, running and playing with her tongue hanging out. That goofy old tongue always was too big for her mouth. The dream is too much to explain but it helped. God was telling me that she's alright... she's with Him now and she's happy and at peace.

No comments: