Friday, April 3, 2009

Oh the drama....

So, we're walking and talking and learning about everything! (Learning is code for destroying but we can fix most of what gets destroyed, and to Little Miss Thang, it's a learning experience so I'm staying positive and keeping my comments to stern, constructive ones about being nice and cleaning up behind ourselves while she destroys our house.) I've heard about the terrible twos and I've always thought, well that won't happen to me, I'll just explain to my not quite two-year-old that we can't always have our way. Then we'll eat ice cream cones and hold hands and skip away into the sunset. Ok, so control your snickering...

Emily Grace is all girl and LOVES accessories. I came home the other day to find ALLLLLLL of my jewelry on the bedroom floor. Every morning she follows me to my jewelry box and watches me accessorize for the day. She then says P! (Please) and I hand her a chunky set of beads that is indestructible and she plays dress up before she goes to school.

So, for a split second, she snuck away and with the advantage of height, was able to reach to the back of our dresser and pull down my jewelry!?!?!? (THAT KID IS TOO TALL!) So, trying to show her how to clean up our mess and how not to make a mess in the first place, or how not to lose mommy's diamond earrings (through gritted teeth), she melts down and we find ourselves in full on Hissy Fit Mode. WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?!?!?!? I took a necklace out of her hands- I knew I shouldn't have done that, but I'm mommy and what I say goes- why the fit? Just say OK and move on. I don't understand. So Chris comes in and I'm doing everything I can to hide my laughter at such an absurd fit and the more I laughed, the more she cried and oh, it was exhausting and ended in a little cuddle fest. I didn't give in and let her just have the jewelry (fhew, right!) but is this a sign of things to come???

1 comment:

The Presnell's said...

Yes it is, haha...Skylar has been doing this since he was 15 months!! I think the Terrible 2's are the new 1's. :) Oh lord!