Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Day of Preschool


It was our first day of "mother's morning out" last Tuesday. It's not exactly a "morning out" for mommy since I'm at work all day but that's OK, it's just the name of the program. She has lots of little friends now!

I'm a little behind on getting pictures up. I had this grand plan that Emily Grace would be standing there like a little trooper, waiting in a new outfit, shoe laces tied, hair bow straight, back pack on, grinning from ear to ear waiting for me to take her picture. Oh wait... she's 1. That's NOT a likely image as you will see. She hated the shoes, the back pack was too big, the hairbow kept getting launched clear across the room(as she has quite the throwing arm-but in a determined mommy fashion, I kept attaching it to those three strands of hair), she can't stand on her own and all she wanted was to be held. Ah well, what can you do? She was still cute and she had a great first day!




You see here, my first mental image didn't quite work- I really thought she'd stand there grinnning. NOT!




"MOMMY- HOLD ME!"





There's a better shot!


And that's enough of the picture taking- clearly, it's not going to happen.

Nevermind the date stamp on the pictures- the camera resets itself when the battery dies.

TUPPERWARE PARTY!

And here was another morning of waiting for Mommy and Daddy to leave the house. She got into the tupperware. Oh what fun!






Look at that sweet little grin- yeah, she knows what she did. Oh but she's too cute to fuss at! Oh, I'm a sure sucker for that smile!

Sleepy Girl

Last but not least- a cute little giggle. This is what happens when you let your child cry themselves to sleep. It makes me laugh and cry at the same time. She just collapsed right there!


At least she figured out to make daddy's blankie into a pillow... poor kid- I've never felt more awful than when we let her cry it out.

That's all for now but there's more to come! Take care!



No comments: