Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Funny Story

Our internet is still down at home and I just got out of some sales meetings here at work. I love my job by the way! I just got to watch the displays being created for photo shoots for catalogs- how cool is that?

Anyway, this story is too funny. We have a little mischievous monster on our hands! This morning we were ready for work and Chris and I both went out to our cars to pack stuff up for the day. We left EG safely on the floor (where she couldn't fall) for the few minutes that we were outside. In that time span, she crawled from the middle of the bedroom floor all the way to our bedroom door and closed it, then sat down in front of it. I think she intended to follow us out of the room (by the way, didn't know she could travel that far yet) but instead she pushed the door closed. Needless to say, I was late this morning because there was no way to get her out of our room! I couldn't stop laughing at the situation, partly because it was a adorable and partly because it panicked me that she was locked in there forever!

You know, I laughed at "Friends" when Rachel and Ross accidentally locked Emma in their apartment but I really had flashes of a bird swooping into our room and flying away with the baby. I know, I'm crazy. Having a baby will do that to you.

Just in case you're wondering, both Chris and I were on our hands and knees in the hallway for over five minutes (it's longer than it sounds) trying to scoot her forward from behind a closed door. We inched the door open and she scooted an inch; one of us held the door while the other tried to reach around and scoot her forward again. Eventually the opening was large enough for me to get my whole arm between the door and the frame and slide her over so that she wouldn't get smacked in the head when we tried to open the door. Of course, she giggled. That little laugh just washes away the rest of the world and melts your heart. I'm glad someone found it comical.

2 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

That is a funny story! It takes you off gaurd when you put your baby down in one place, leave fore mere seconds only to come back to find the baby missing in action! I love it! I am so glad to hear that she is doing great with the new tubes and I hope she starts walking soon! Give her hugs from me!

Di said...

Hahahaha! That totally sounds like something Logan would do. Just wait until she starts walking! Then she'll get into everything!