Tuesday, May 19, 2009

POO POO IN DA' POTTY!

OH MY! This weekend Emily Grace told Mimi "poo poo" and patted her hiney. And, our genius child had in fact told the truth that she had poo poo'd. YAY- what a great start!

So this morning she came running up to me and said "poo poo" and patted her hiney. This child takes after her daddy so I could smell it from up here without bending down to check. We held hands and walked to her room to change the poopy diaper, and I praised her and congratulated her the whole way. But, what to my wondering eyes should NOT appear- there was NO poopy!

Like a flash, I ran with that naked little baby clear across the house back to our bathroom where the pretty potty was and plopped her down. She stared at me like I was crazy. Then she started acting bashful. I asked if she wanted me to leave and she nodded. So, I walked out of the bathroom and pulled the door behind me. Within seconds she started grunting and there it was, the brown gold (as Chris calls it)! SHE DID IT! Of course, we had a lot of clean up on Aisle 7 but YAY! Our child is brilliant. What do I do now- this could be a fluke- any suggestions?

Don't worry- I didn't photograph it. :)

2 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

YAYAYAYAY! That's so funny! Hopefully not a fluke and that she'll do it again and again and again! We're still working on it! Every day is different it depends on what's going on for us...if it's a busy day, it's usually a bad day with potty training. GOOD LUCK!
PS you need to call me back!!

The Presnell's said...

WOW....that's awesome!!! Congrats momma!!