Thursday, October 9, 2008

GO SILLY TOGGIE TIGERS!

So, we all new that we would have a talker on our hands. The signs showed early that Emily Grace had the talking genes! In one short week Emily Grace is now shouting "doggie!" which comes out more like "toggie!" and points at the dogs. It's amazing- I mean one minute she was a baby and the next she's telling me that's a dog over there. I wasn't ready for that but Chris and I are so proud anyway!

The next day she started saying something like "Silly..." in the backseat on the way to preschool. With a little coaxing, she was singing "silly" all the way there. It's so cute- she has a little gap in her front teeth and when she says it, it comes out like a snake with a lisp and a big grin.

When I picked her up that night, I walked in, she looked at me and said "Tiger!" WHAT? Where did she get that? I wish one of us could take credit for being a GENIOUS and teaching her the word Tiger, but we can't. Our daycare teacher, Mrs. Deborah, has a "toggie" in the back yard (who we say hello to every time we pass by) named Tiger. Mrs. Deborah said she told her his name was Tiger a few times and off she went, "TIGER! TIGER! TIGER!"In the last day or so, we've been merging the three words here and there- it's so cute and she's so proud when she says them! She says something and then looks around to see who heard and to see who is going to praise her for saying it. She's such a little person!

And it was perfect timing for tonight's game! If we can just get her to put "GO" in front of "Tiger!" we'll be set!!!!
GO (Silly Toggie) TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One last thing:
We're teething again! I mean it, the whole family is teething. When she's going through this, we ALL go through this... never the less, she'll be ready to eat some CHICKEN in about a month!

3 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

SO CUTE! I love the updates on Emily Grace! I can't believe she is saying words now! That's awesome! Our little babies are just growing up TOO FAST!

Alex said...

Hi Meredith! Your family is beautiful too! Good to hear from you! How old is your daughter?? By the way, who went to Clemson in your fam?? That's where my husband and I went! Eli LOVES the Tigers!!!

Alex said...

Please excuse my last post -- I am seriously slow! I went to high school with a girl named Meredith Dance too, and I though that's who you were! NOW I get it that you are Clemson Meredith Dance! How have you been? You must think I'm such an idiot! :-)